Sunday, September 16, 2007

ahhh..

I know I have not written in awhile. School started about a week after my last entry. I was waiting on pics from other people so I could post them, but I just recently got them and will post soon. I have good classes this year and I have a student teacher. All I can say is having a student teacher is a lot more work than I thought it would be. And even with a student teacher I am so busy. I am advising National Honor Society with another teacher and of course doing the million other things that administration comes up with at the last minute. I'm telling you if we teachers could just teach, life would be so much easier, but nothing is as easy as it looks.
Labor Day weekend Shanes parents came in town and we had a really great weekend. The only bad part was the most unbearable migraine I have experienced in my entire life( and I have met quite a few inmy lifetime) which I believe was because of the wine I had that night. If you are a migraine sufferer think of the worse you have ever had and double it- thats what I experienced. If you don't get them, consider yourself lucky and show some sympathy to those of us who truly suffer from them. Any way, while they were in town we went up to Breckenridge and they were having huge sales- we bought a lot of really inexpensive stuff. Old Navy outlet was 50% off- cant beat that.
Today I climbed Pikes Peak. It is one of the 14ers- elevation is over 14000 feet. It was such a rush walking down the mountain knowing I accomplished something I wanted to- met a goal of mine. It was not easy though. I went with my friend Eric from work, Eric's dog- Moab, and Shane. Eric does these all of the time so I felt like I was holding him back- but he is such a good sport. The walk up went by so quickly. There are two hiking trails up, one on the west side and one on the east side. The west side is 16 miles round trip, the east side is 24 round trip. We went for the 16- but that meant less switchbacks and steeper inclines. Like I said the way up was cake if you can imagine climbing a mountain cake. The most difficult part was climbing rocks on our way to the top with little oxygen up there- I kept stopping because I was so out of breath. Almost to the top Eric gave me one of his shirts because the wind decided to keep us COLD with its breeze- I was so disoriented I could not get it on without the guys' help. At the top there is a little gift shop and cafe for the cog riders- I had to sit in there and get away from the cold and eat something- good old pb&j. :) I was so disoriented- but after I ate and rested a bit I felt better. I almost found a ride down the mountain because I still wasn't feeling well when we headed out, but I was determined. I am glad I didn't change my midn because going down was even easier than going up- I could breath. :) But a little over halfway Shane and I were pooped. My feet hurt so bad- my knees were killing me from going downhill. The last mile or two Shane and I were complaining because we hurt so bad- Eric hurt too, but he was way ahead of us because we are slow pokes in agony. :) Anyway- we mad eit down and are completely exhausted. So I now have two mountains I have climbed and Shane has doen his first one- yay! I'll post more pics soon.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Way to go Krista! one less on your things to do in my lifetime list! I am so proud of you. I Love You! mom

Val :) said...

Congrats. I know this is something you have wanted to do and you did it. What an accomplishment for you.