
Shane not feeling well and me wanting to take pictures. :)

Me at dinner.

The last towel creature we got from our maid- an angel to welcome in the new year
Shane and I made sure we woke up and were ready to have breakfast with his family. They headed home on this day and had to leave by 920 AM. We got our champaigne to toast our wedding the ngiht before, but it was too late to drink it all before bed. SO, we waited until his family arrived for breakfast and Shane & I looped arms and drank to our happiness. But of course we had a whole bottle of champaigne to drink and what do you do int he morning with a whole bottle of champaigne but make mimosas. So I think I pretty much drank the rest of the bottle with OJ and I can say by the time that bottle was gone, I was feeling pretty happy. :) We said good bye to Shane's parents and his sister and then headed back to the room to get in some more time laying out in the sun. Shane had wanted to do some snorkeling before we left, but he still was not feeling well. We layed by the pool for awhile and I swam a bit, then eventually the clouds rolled in and it sprinkled. Because of the rain, the Mosaique got busy for lunch so we played cards at the bar. After a bit, we had some lunch at the Mosaique and it stopped raining. We played cards next to the pool in hopes of getting some more sun. I was getting tired so I took a nap. A couple hours later we had to meet with a representative to get pictures from our wedding. There were two other couples ahead of us. I felt bad for the one couple, they couldn't buy anything- they said all of their money went to the wedding- and it was just the two of them, no family. We had seen them the day before getting their pictures taken on the beach. Shane and I figure they hook you into a photographer because you are suppose to get 10 free photos with the wedding package. But they put all of the pictures on a cd and sell you the cd to take home and print pictures and they put together a really nice dvd of the day to share with family and friends. The second couple had only the wife lookign at pics with moma nd dad. They were from Detroit and must have had money. The dad looked at me and asked where my dad was- that I should have my dad there because he would pay for everything because he was buying his daughter everything. Shane and I are a big boy and girl, we can take care of ourselves. They were a bit odd and the mom was rather unusual. Anyway, so of course they create a package for you if you want the dvd and the cd of pictures so we walked away with three dvds, a cd of pictures, and a special wyndham leatherbound album. The pictures were great, our photographer was awesome, and you can't replace those pictures or the moments they capture so we paid a pretty penny to take it all home.
Since it was New Years Eve, the resort had events planned for their guests. We made reservations at the Mosaique for dinner, but they had a different menu- much more elegant and expensive, but free for us. :) Most of the dishes were seafood. The wait staff seemed so much more relaxed dancing aorund, goofing around with guests, and adorning their new years attire. They handed out new year crowns, hats, and leis to the guests. The buffet area was huge- we visited it after we ate dinner. They pool area was surrounded by tables and food. People were eating inside and out. The food was not as elegant as ours, but it was pretty high-scale for the occassion. hey had a band playing in the main area for about two hours, then music, and I am sure on the big screen an image of the ball dropping. They were suppose to give champaigne to everyone to celebrate the incoming new year. Unfortunately Shane was not feeling well so he was in bed and asleep by 1100. I watched the ball drop and watched a few time zones celebrate the new year, but I was alseep shortly after midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment