Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Parenting...

It's funny how opinionated people can be- especially when it has no affect on them whatsoever. It makes me take a step back and really make sure I don't do the same thing to other people. I plan on cloth diapering, making my own baby food, and not finding the sex of the baby- you would think by people's reaction Shane and I had decided to raise a family on the moon or something. I like to be different. I like to do things my way and not follow the crowd. A long time ago I had thought about cloth diapering and this summer I did my research and found it is something I really want to do. I foudn this out today:"Each family who chooses cloth diapers will save nearly $2000 over the cost of using disposable diapers. Those families, if they cloth diaper from birth through age two, will prevent as much as one ton of landfill waste"(http://allaboutclothdiapers.com/have-you-seen-cotton-babies-new-cloth-diapers/). I think most people are opposed to it because they think of the old cloth diapers- they have actually changed a lot. I decided to make my own baby food because a friend of mine told me how she did I thought it would be a great way to save money and get my baby exposed to good food and a variety of tastes. I never thought I wanted to wait to find out the sex of the baby until more recently. I have had a few friends do it that way and I started to think how exciting that must be. Growing up I always tried to guess what surprises were coming my way and in doing so very rarely was I surprised. Now, I never get surprised. I figured this was one surprise I could control. I like guessing what may be awaiting us. At first I thought a boy, but now I think a girl. Either way, I just want a healthy baby!

No comments: