Friday, June 6, 2008

The Qwest Grant


I applied for my first ever grant and I won it! Yay for me! I was actually pretty sick and I was not given much notice before it was due and of course you have to get it approved by this person and this person and this person before you can send it off. I was going to say screw the whole thing and then I thought I better just do it. I asked for alot more than I got. But for any math teachers, you know TI came out with a unit used for calculators. You hook the navigator to the calculators and your computer and you can see what all of the kids are doing. It will save a lot of time in the classroom and help me keep an eye on them. I am pretty excited about it. I got over $3600 for it. I already got the device, I just need to figure out how to use it. Qwest was the company giving the grant and they had a ceremony to acknowledge all the winners. there wer eonly like 13 winners out of over 100 and I was one of them. :) I could not make the ceremony as most of you know I have too busy of a schedule so they came to the school. I got my pic taken with the check and some of my students. My seniors were already out of school so this is my underclassmen in Pre-calc.

No comments: