Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Engagement

Yes, Shane and I are engaged. He had it all planned. We were suppose to hike our last 14er for the summer with some friends, but it rained the day before. That meant it snowed at the higher elevations- too much to climb without snowshoes. So Shane and I decided to go to Stanley Canyon instead for the day. We went just the two of us with Chloe. I have a feeling several times he was trying to get me to settle upon a rock with him so he could pop the question, but for those of you who know me I always like to play difficult. While walking he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I honestly thought he was kidding. We had found several items on our hike, so I thought he found some ring on the ground and was goofing around- he wasn't. Of course I said yes. I was shocked because for people who know Shane this is a huge deal for him to be ready to marry me. Now that the shock has worn off I am really exicted. We don't have a date set, but we are thinking aorund Christmas/NewYears. We have a trip planned to Mexico and are looking in to doing it then. Once we figure that out we will have a better idea.

No comments: